Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 - Looking Forward

As 2011 draws to a close, I am looking forward to 2012 and what it will bring. I have to admit, this past year has been both horrible and awesome. And even when I consider the stuff which broke my heart, I know I was never alone and that God was teaching me through each thing. I can think of one thing that occurred in 2011 that closed a very hurtful chapter of my life and helped me to look forward.

So, what are some of the things that I have learned? I have learned not to depend upon the roles in life I have and to depend on God. I have learned that even the most hurtful events will become just a distant memory if you will let them. I have learned that being an empty nester is both wonderful and sad.

I don't like doing resolutions (I chuckled here). I do, by my very personality, love goals. Here are some of my goals for 2012:

  • Grow more as a person who loves God - or actually grow less that He might be more in my life by daily seeking Him.
  • Drink more water every day and less diet cokes (this is really tough for me!!)
  • Log 52 weeks of photos with Project 52 FB Group.
  • Get to see at least 4 old friends who are on my FB list that I have not seen in a long time.
  • Go on a real vacation that is just Doug and I (note: we have had real vacations, just never the 2 of us)
  • Lose 50lbs of weight - my life depends on it.
  • Get more involved in my church by teaching or whatever is needed.
  • Once a month, pack at least 20 peanut butter/jelly bags to give the homeless in our city.
  • Get my CDL.
  • Finish my craft room.
  • Plan out 12 crafts for 2012 and finish each of them in the month I started them.
  • Start and finish the remodel of my living room..
  • End 2012 with not being mad at anyone.
So there you have it. It's my list and I know I will probably add to it. Today, it's more than enough!

Happy New Year!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment