So, what are some of the things that I have learned? I have learned not to depend upon the roles in life I have and to depend on God. I have learned that even the most hurtful events will become just a distant memory if you will let them. I have learned that being an empty nester is both wonderful and sad.
I don't like doing resolutions (I chuckled here). I do, by my very personality, love goals. Here are some of my goals for 2012:
- Grow more as a person who loves God - or actually grow less that He might be more in my life by daily seeking Him.
- Drink more water every day and less diet cokes (this is really tough for me!!)
- Log 52 weeks of photos with Project 52 FB Group.
- Get to see at least 4 old friends who are on my FB list that I have not seen in a long time.
- Go on a real vacation that is just Doug and I (note: we have had real vacations, just never the 2 of us)
- Lose 50lbs of weight - my life depends on it.
- Get more involved in my church by teaching or whatever is needed.
- Once a month, pack at least 20 peanut butter/jelly bags to give the homeless in our city.
- Get my CDL.
- Finish my craft room.
- Plan out 12 crafts for 2012 and finish each of them in the month I started them.
- Start and finish the remodel of my living room..
- End 2012 with not being mad at anyone.