Sunday, September 8, 2013

Shaken but Standing Firm

The other night I had a dream. In the dream, I was in my childhood home I grew up in Van Horn. However, the furniture and items in the home were things that I have today and items I have never seen before. Every time I would walk into a room, all the furniture would move before I would walk through the door. I had a sense of being unsettled, of being disturbed by all of the change. I also noticed that as the changes increased in speed, I began to fear.

I can honestly say that the first thing through my mind in my dream was, "Oh No! Demonic activity!" So I did what any Jesus believing, Holy Spirit filled woman would do, I started calling on the name of Jesus. Although things slowed down, they did not stop.

As I stood in the middle of the room and watched in dismay as everything around me changed...things from my past, from my present, and what I knew were things from my future all I could think was, God, make it stop!"

Then the floor started shaking.

I'm not talking about a little rumble that you can feel a little bit. I am talking about a shaking that had me swaying and tilting as my world around me shook.

Then it hit me.

In the midst of the shaking, in the midst of my dream, I raised my hands and started praising God. I said, "God, you are my God and I will ever yet praise You. Even though the very foundations of my world are shaking, I praise You and You alone. You are my joy, my salvation, the strength of my heart. In You alone I trust in all things. I love You and I praise you for my past, my present and for my future. I Love You!"

I woke up then and started praying about what God showed me.

Too often we blame the things that happen in our life on the enemy. So many times, the things happening are due to choices we have made. Other times, to situations around us that are beyond our control. And sometimes, we just don't know why.

No matter what I am going through, I am to praise God. He didn't just create me to praise Him when times are good but to also praise Him when my heart is breaking. I don't have to understand a situation to praise Him, but to praise Him before understanding comes, before healing happens, before an answer arrives. We all were created to fellowship with Him and praise Him.

I'm getting my praise on!! How about you??

Father, thank you for the times in my life that inpel me to look at You. The world around me may be in chaos, but in You is perfect peace. Thank You for always being present, in good times and in bad. For loving me when I praise You and when I am looking at the world around me and lose sight of You. Thank You for always being there, a constant source of peace, of strength, the source of my joy! To You I give praise! Amen

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment