Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Walking it Out


The last week or so, but especially the last couple of days, has been somewhat of a challenge. I have come face to face with things that I thought were gone and dealt with. I have been offended, had a panic attack, and felt down.

Now, this is in no way a cry to have anyone pat me on the back and say, "it's going to be alright." On the contrary, I am just slightly miffed at me and at the same time relieved. Miffed because they are old lessons still unlearned and relieved because it is an opportunity to have victory and give God the glory.

You see, as long as I live here in Houston, or rather this earth of ours, there will be things that will be faced. Right now, this means learning to renew my mind. I am reading scripture, learning to memorize it, and replacing wrong thoughts with scriptures. In essence, I am putting "feet" to my faith and leaning on God by realizing that He has ALL the answers.

So what were the answers for the things I am walking through. Here is what I found:

Fear I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

Great peace have they who love your law,and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3

Offense A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11

And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." Mark 11:25

Depression But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Psalm 5:11

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
Psalm 30:11


God is more than able to walk me through anything I face. I am so thankful for His strength and His peace that surrounds me. This time, my path is straight because His map is my guide.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment