Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time for a Change


It's funny how this time of the year makes everyone look at their belt lines and consider their options. I know that I do. I mean, after all, I did indulge over the holidays and now have the proof of it. I am achy, my blood sugar is out of whack, I feel sluggish and my clothes don't fit. There - said it.

There are so many options that are willing to take your money and time. I know that the plans I have been on in the past that did not work were frustrating at best and dangerous at the worst. I was talking with a friend recently and decades ago she paid to go through shock treatment to help lose weight. The best one ever was very simple and emphasized eating things the way they are with out all the added goop we like to pacify ourselves with. That plan did not fail me - I failed the plan when I stopped doing it. While I was on it I lost 62lbs. Went off of it and gained it back.

So, what is the answer?

I wish I knew an easy one, but there is not one. So the low down truth is this: As easy as it has been to put this weight on, it is going to take work, determination, patience and perseverance and trusting that God has my back.

This past Tuesday I went back on the plan that I know will work. I have set up with other people that see me and also an online forum to help with accountability. I have set my short term goals, planned rewards to go with accomplishing those goals, and have started forward. I have increased my quiet time, decreased my TV time, and am working at increasing my activity level. Through all of that, I do not want to lose sight of God - even though what I am doing is good. I need to always keep God first and not let my plan take first place in my life.

I was inspired to make a change. Now I have taken the steps to do a change.

Philippians 3:8
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment